Table of Contents Hide
Did you know that hashtags, when used correctly, can help you get more reach and engagement for your posts? That’s because a bar with at least one hashtag generates 12.6 percent more engagement than posts without a hashtag. Want to learn more about this? Then read this post and look at the best hashtag generators for Instagram!
Hashtags can make or break your Instagram strategy. Used correctly, you can reach many people with the proper tags and increase interest in your brand. But if you choose the wrong ones, it can be detrimental: For example, you can annoy potential followers or get penalized by the algorithm. Many founders and startups, therefore, resort to hashtag generators for Instagram. But how useful are these tools? We have done some research for you and clarified the following questions in this article:
- What is the function of hashtags on Instagram, and what are hashtag generators?
- What types of hashtags are there?
- How do you find the best hashtags?
- How sound are hashtag generators?
- What are the best hashtag generator tools for Instagram or social media marketing?
Instagram Hashtags Briefly Explained.
A hashtag is a double cross or hash, i.e., #, in combination with one or more keywords strung together. The term is a combination of the English word “hash” for the character hash and the word “tag” for “marking.” Thus, hashtags tag the topic and content of a post or contribution.
True, hashtags are mainly present on Instagram. But they are also becoming increasingly popular on other social networks such as TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook. These tags help users find content on social media more quickly and in a more targeted manner. In this respect, they are similar to keywords on Google. At the same time, they help companies to generate more reach on social media in their marketing efforts. And not only that: hashtags also give your company an optimal opportunity to analyze trends and relevant topics on social media channels. Such trend analysis is possible with appropriate social media monitoring tools. However, it is challenging to find suitable hashtags for a post.
There Are Different Hashtag Types
Regardless of hashtag generators, there are different hashtag types on Instagram, etc. A distinction is made between:
General hashtags, i.e., those that focus on available short descriptions. They often refer to specific industries or moods, for example. General hashtags usually have a high search volume but could be more relevant for high interaction and, therefore, not very profitable for increasing the reach.
- Niche hashtags: Niche hashtags are used to address target groups specifically. These can be, for example, names of famous athletes, events, etc. If a user is interested in a particular sport, for instance, he will specifically search for these niche hashtags via the hashtag search function.
- Community hashtags are used to find like-minded people together, for example, those who pursue a particular hobby or similar.
- Location hashtags show other users the location where the user is currently located. For companies, location hashtags can be critical since a café or restaurant, for example, gets much attention when it is open. This way, other interested parties get excellent insights into the location.
How To Find The Perfect Hashtag
So now you know why Instagram hashtags are helpful. So now the question is how to find the perfect hashtag. Besides hashtag generators, there are other ways to find suitable tags for Instagram:
1. Consider Your Hashtags
The first option is obvious. You can think of suitable hashtags for every post over and over again and use them. However, this method does not guarantee that users will find your content or become aware of your brand, for example, because you choose less relevant tags.
2. Hashtag Generators For Instagram, TikTok, And Co
A hashtag generator is usually an advanced software that can generate suitable hashtags for your Instagram posts. There are both free and premium hashtag generators for Instagram. These tools generate relevant and attractive hashtags that attract potential customers to your brand.
3. Hashtag Research
Of course, you can also research which hashtags competing brands, and users use for their posts. You can then use these tags as well. However, this does not guarantee that you will use relevant hashtags, as you need to know why a profile uses which hashtag. Nevertheless, hashtag research can serve as a source of inspiration.
These are the advantages of using a hashtag generator.
If you use a hashtag generator, you can save time on creating hashtags. By generating appropriate hashtags with the help of a tool, you ensure that a large target audience notices your Instagram posts. This way, you can save yourself casually, time-consuming trial and error, and subsequent analysis. Here’s an overview of the advantages:
- More followers: The most significant advantage of an Instagram hashtag generator is that the tool selects good hashtags for you. You can quickly and easily reach many potential followers.
- More likes: The more people follow your profile, you automatically collect preferences. The more likes a product or brand has, the stronger its trust weighs.
- New customers: With the help of an Instagram hashtag generator, you can generate eye-catching hashtags that make more people aware of your product and encourage them to buy from you.
- Successes are quickly visible: by using the right hashtags, you will be able to see successes rapidly. After just a short time, you’ll have more followers and likes.
- Save time and money: Good ad campaigns eat up time and money. Hashtag generators are often free or at least inexpensive to use. Also, these tools spit out appropriate hashtags within seconds. You no longer have to spend hours thinking about which hashtag fits or doesn’t. Those who use hashtag generators for Instagram and Co. thus save time and money.
- Find relevant hashtags: A hashtag generator provides attractive and appealing pertinent tags to your products and your business. Thus, you can address potential customers in a much more targeted manner.
Five Popular Hashtag Generator Tools For Instagram and Co.
The internet is littered with hashtag generators for social networks such as Instagram. Here you can find a list of valuable tools that we can recommend for your hashtag search:
- Sistrix Instagram Hashtag Generator
- tagsfinder from Instagram
These tools not only help you choose appropriate hashtags but also allow you to analyze the hashtag in question.
Conclusion: Thumbs Up For Hashtag Generators!
Hashtag generators are a helpful tool for hashtag search. Most of the time, these tools are similar in structure and method of use. However, good tools are usually paid for. Most of the time, there is a slimmed-down but free version, with which you can test and try out the respective tool at your leisure before you decide.